Saturday, January 5, 2013

Entry #8 or, "Your timing, sir, is impecable."

Hey all,

A couple of days ago, I get a call from my dad who has my old smartphone. He tells me that the Department of Homeland Security called and needed me to get in touch with them. The reason? To take a physical for the Border Patrol.

I took the entry test around a year and a half ago when I was still living in Arizona and this is the first I've heard from them since. I now live in Maryland which means their call came came through a few weeks short.

Ugh.

Now I'm trying to get in touch with the hiring center to update my contact info. so I can schedule the physical. Trying to reach them is a task in and of itself; all their agents are constantly on the phone.  Hopefully, someday, I'll get in contact with them to get my info corrected so I can do the physical and see where it goes from there.

Which brings me to another possible problem, my weight. I never was and never will be a 'thin person' (as Kevin Smith like to call them), but these past few months showed that I dropped the ball on keeping healthy.

260 lbs.

Yup, I wasn't paying attention and I gained a mess of weight. Whoops.

Time to get the bike fixed and my posterior on it. I'll begin to post my weight on the posts as kind of a way to keep myself honest. Hopefully it'll work.

Until next time,

Joshua (Sweeper) Brumley

No comments:

Post a Comment